Minnesota Kendama Open 2018
The countdown to MKO 2018 has started! Sweets Kendamas is so proud to be hosting The 6th Annual Minnesota Kendama Open, the largest Kendama competition in North America. MKO will be October 26, 27 and 28 at 2 venues, the first 2 days will be held at The Double Tree Bloomington & South Minneapolis, and the last day, the finals, will be held at the Mall of America Rotunda.
This year The Minnesota Kendama Open is partnering with the Kendama Institute, a nonprofit organization with a focus on educating youth and beyond about the mental, physical, social and emotional benefits of kendama. K.I. is committed to helping people of all ages and backgrounds build social and emotional resilience, while also discovering tools on how to transform failure into opportunities for growth, mindfulness and success.
Your donation to support the 2018 MKO will go directly to Kendama Institute which is a 501(c)3 tax exempt nonprofit organization. Any funds raised from Sponsorship and Ticket Sales that exceed the cost of running the 2018 MKO will go directly to providing class sets and after school programs for underprivileged schools in the US. Excess funds will also provide opportunities for students to build a toolbox of skills to succeed throughout their life through the principles of kendama. To learn more about what Kendama Institute is, how you or your company can get involved and what they are doing, please click the link below for more information.
New hoteL: BOOK A ROOM
We are excited to announce our new hotel/event space for this years MKO! We will be moving across the freeway to a bigger Double Tree Hilton to accommodate the growing MKO fan base that flies in every year! Sign up now with our promo code before all the good rooms get filled up!
T-Shirts are only included with Pre-Registration
We will not be accepting day of registration for Open, or Freestyle
Swag Bags included in all Registration Divisions, except Dama Blitz
OPEN TRICK LIST:
* Now With Double Elimination*
Here are the rules:
Once a player loses a match in Open they will be added to the Losers Bracket.
If the player loses a second match, they are completely eliminated from the competition.
The winner of the Losers Bracket will face the winner of the standard bracket in the Finals.
The Winner of the Losers Bracket needs to win 2 matches in the Final to be Champion, the winner of the Standard Bracket only needs to win Once in the Finals.
1. Cliffhanger Flip Over the Valley - In
2. (Sara Grip) Kenflip Downspike - Down Whirlwind
3. 2 Turn Airplane Double J-stick
4. Gunslinger - Juggle - Late Gunslinger Spike
5. Switch Inward Lunar - In
6. 2 Tap - Jug - Spike
7. Juggle Spike -Double Earth Turn
8. Forward Spacewalk - Insta Trade Spike
9. Inward lunar - Tap Back Inward Lunar - tap back inward flip in
10. Spacewalk - Lighthouse - Tradespike
11. Cushion tap - Trade - Downspike Fasthands
12. Four Corners - Spike
13. Kenflip - Late Kenflip - Spike - Whirlwind - Late Kenflip - Spike
14. Double Gooncircle - Spike
15. Hippie Flip - Lighthouse - In
16. Inward Stilt Backflip - In
17. Candle -Juggle- Candle - Stuntplane
18. Around Handlestall - Spike
19. Inward Lunar -Triple tap back - Inward Lunar - In
20. Earth Turn - Front Earth Turn - UFO Earth Turn
21. Lighthouse - Flip - Insta - Insta - InstaFlip Trade Spike
22. Bird - Nod Off to Wing - Nod Off to Bird - Spike (Ken Grip Only)
23. Double Handlestall Flip - Spike
24. Airplane - 1.5 flip - Late Inward Kenflip - Spike
25. Stuntplane - Trade - Insta Double Kenflip - Spike
26. Double Gunslinger - Juggle -Double Late Kenflip -Spike
27. Double J-stick - Double Inward J-stick
28. 1.5 Kenflip - Downspike Fasthands
29. Underbird - Flip to Lighthouse - Tradespike
30. Inward Lunar - Tre Flip - In 31. Stilt - Trade Bottom - Trade Stilt - In
32. Penguin Nightengale - Front Earthturn - Sara Grip Nightengale - Spike
33. Scooping Goldfish - Insta Turntable - Spike
GIRLS’ COMP OPEN
1. Lightning drop - Tradespike
2. Turntable, kenflip to spike
3. Double lunar flip, in
4. Lighthouse flip, inward lighthouse flip, in
5. Double whirlwind
6. Underbird, trade to airplane in
7. Double inward jumping stick
8. One turn airplane, 1.5 swap to spike
9. Airplane, double tap, back to spike
10. Opposite hand jumping stick
11. Spacewalk to lighthouse, instant trade spike
12. Around USA with inward earth turns
13. Bird over Valley flip to in
14. Double ken flip to spike
15. Stunt plane, swap ken flip
16. Gunslinger Spike - Gunslinger Spike
17. Inward Lunar Downspike
18. Juggle to Spike
19. Scooping Goldfish
20. Candle Trade Airplane
INTERMEDIATE TRICK LIST:
1. Bird over valley
2. Base cup down spike
3. Around the world // or japan( NDH)
5. Space walk in
6. Around USA
7. Light house, lighthouse flip, in
2. Little Cup
3. Bottom Cup
4. Big Cup - knee bounce - Big Cup
5. Clack Back
DAMA BLITZ EXPLAINED
If you have a company, or non-profit and would like to support MKO in any way, please drop us your company name and email and we will send you the sponsorship package with all the options! We have many tiers of sponsorship and have room for companies of all sizes! Also you don't have to be a kendama company to participate!
We always need help with MKO, it gets bigger every year and any volunteer work is much appreciated. If you can help us out with some of your time, the busiest part of each day is roughly between 12:00pm - 6:00pm.